National Junior Track & Field League, Wolverhampton (29/04/2012)

Well what a start to the season our first Junior League, and the weather was very cold and just didn’t stop raining, so for all the athletes that competed on the day you all did excellent in very bad conditions.

We had athletes getting P.B’s which was great to see especially at the start of the season, we did have a few gaps in both sections but majority of athletes in both teams are still under 17 so this over the next 2 years should improve and become very strong in both the Men and Womens Teams.

It was pleasing to see a better womens team as over the last few years we have hardly had any women competing.

As I officiate I never get to see athletes compete which as a Team Manager is a bit frustrating, but I did manage to watch the Mens 4 x 4 team and what an excellent win they had.

I would like to thank Mo for looking after the team sheet for me, also to Karen, Ian, Alan, Martin, and Mitch who officiated on the field in very bad conditions.

Lastly I would like to say if any athletes leave the meeting, can they please inform me, as on Sunday this happened and we lost a lot of points, which could make a big difference to where we finish at the end of the season, or if athletes are chosen to compete and don’t turn up please ring me, if you don’t have my number it is 07813-961760.

Yours in Sport
Marg Cherrington
U20 TEAM MANAGER

Individual Event Results The overall team positions were as follows:-

Pos Club Points
1 Wolverhampton & Bilston A.C. 455
2 Tipton Harriers 291
3 Halesowen C & A.C. 278
4 Telford A.C. 262
5 Solihull & Small Heath A.C. 186
6 Dudley & Stourbridge Harriers 90
7 Border Olympians 39

In the men's events Tipton placed 2nd and in the women's we were 3rd. More details of the match result can be found here.